Friday, April 24, 2009

Time machine

Had I been in possession of H G Well's Time Machine

I would have put a brake on all the calamities that shook our earth - Tsunami, terrorists' designs. Why I would announced the results of the Lok Sabha election by travelling to future. Oh God has not blessed with me of the same.
I would have led Rajiv Gandhi away from Sriperumbudur on the fatalful day. I would have helped changes in India's future for the better. And if I had the power of superbeing I would not let the world go Utopian way, the philosophy of which professes that Gods are in heavan happy, unconcerned of the world and let it fend for itself. Why then God? But our philosophy speaks that the Gods are taking care of the people.
My wish I should not allow let harm done to women, weaklings and others. At the very sight of the same complete annihilation of the evil forces should automatically take place. Will that descend for the ascendancy of human beings? Let me know Oh Lord!

Time present and time past

Are both perhaps present in time future,

And time future contained in time past.

If all time is eternally present

All time is unredeemable.

What might have been is an abstraction

Remaining a perpetual possibility

Only in a world of speculation.

What might have been and what has been

Point to one end, which is always present.

Footfalls echo in the memory

Down the passage which we did not take

Towards the door we never opened

Into the rose-garden. My words echo

Thus, in your mind.


-Burnt Norton

1 comment: